Employer: Maritime Cook Islands
Location: Genova, Italy
Job Function: Flag Administration – Technical Management and Survey
Employment Type: Full Time – Junior Management Level
Experience: Degree in naval architecture, with a minimum of six years in the shipping industry or mega yachting industry (new buildings), being part of the Technical Department, or as surveyor with a Classification Society.
Maritime Cook Islands (MCI) is the Corporate Administrator of the Cook Islands Ships Registry.
MCI provides Registration, survey and certification services to Cook Islands flagged vessels, which operate internationally. See www.maritimecookislands.com
We currently have a vacancy within the Technical Department Team, based in Genova, Italy. A successful candidate will be a key member of a small team of maritime professionals responsible for the survey and certification of Cook Islands vessels and for the ongoing development of systems required to support this activity.
The position requires the ability to be organized, work to deadlines, take initiative, work independently, problem solve, keep complete records, analyze data and communicate with and supervise and control a network of independent surveyors and auditors.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Support in the overview of the survey and certification of CI flagged ships according to the international maritime conventions and codes.
- Take part in the evaluation of the Administration’s systems, processes and procedures and be part of the team that develops and improves these in order to comply with the III Code, the RO Code and all the relevant international conventions.
- Work with the TD team to provide technical support to Deputy Registrars and clients
- Work with the MCI Database System and electronic filing system and suggest opportunities for continuous improvement.
- Work with MCI Agents and Deputy Registrars and Vessel Owners to ensure that Cook Islands requirements are clearly understood and complied with, and that information is provided to MCI in a timely and accurate manner and in an easily understood and verifiable format.
- Report to the Head of Technical Department.
Qualifications And Experience
- – At least 6 years experience in a shipyard of new buildings (cargo vessels / mega yachts) with the function of member of the Technical Department, with proper knowledge of the Classification Societies rules and maritime international rules, or
- – At least 6 years experience as a surveyor with a Classification Society or survey company, with specific involvement in statutory work onboard cargo vessels and mega yachts.
- Excellent knowledge of English language is essential as is an ability to communicate clearly in both written and verbal forms.
- Must be a team player.
- Must learn quickly, be organized and efficient; work independently; solve problems; and work proactively.
- Must be able to work in a multicultural environment.
- Must have strong analytical skills and a good grasp of information technology, including data base systems, word, excel, Outlook.
- Experience in another Maritime Administration.
Please submit resumes to MCI Technical Department – email@example.com