STCW Endorsement Certificates
A Cook Islands Endorsement Certificate is required for seafarers working on board Cook Islands registered vessels as set out in STCW 78 as amended.
Endorsement applications may be for STCW or non STCW qualifications; all of which will be processed by the STCW Certification Manager. ”STCW Office”- firstname.lastname@example.org
Procedure for Issuing an Endorsement Certificate
The application for endorsement, and its supporting documents, shall be submitted to either the STCW Office or a Deputy Registrar.
Once the application has been verified as complete, fee paid and all supporting documents required for processing submitted, the Certificate of Endorsement will be issued. If the endorsement certificate cannot be processed on the same day.(because applicants information cannot be validated online) a Letter of Acknowledgement of Application will be issued to the applicant valid for 3 months, during which time the applicant’s certificates must be validated.
The application can be submitted by the applicant electronically and must include:
- Completed Form 16 (Application for CI Endorsement Certificate))
- Current Certificate of Competency and Endorsement
- GMDSS – General Radio Operator’s Certificate (if applicable)
- Personal Survival Techniques (STCW A-VI/1-1)
- Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting (STCW A-VI/1-2)
- Elementary First Aid (STCW A-V/1-3)
- Personal Safety and Social Responsibility (STCW A-VI/1-4)
- Standards regarding special training requirements for personnel on certain types of ships (chapter V).
- Medical Certificate recent – valid for 2 years
- Record of Service (Seaman’s book)
- Recent passport size photograph